On 8/18/11 3:52 PM, james woodyatt wrote:
Network sleep proxies are a subtype of hosts.  One imagines that a network
sleep proxy might be configured to send unsolicited Neighbor Advertisements
messages on behalf of sleeping hosts, which may or may not be configured
differently than their proxy.  Moreover, network sleep proxies may themselves
go to sleep, and transfer their registrations to another proxy.  Different
proxies may or may not be configured the same way.

James,

How would such sleep proxies interact with SeND?

I think if we want to support a form of registration of hosts (whether they are sleeping or not) it might be simplest to adopt the Address Registration option in draft-ietf-6lowpan-nd for wider use than 6lowpans.

My 2 cents,

   Erik