On Aug 18, 2011, at 4:49 PM, james woodyatt wrote:

> ...then sleep proxies will need to possess the RSA private keys for all the
> CGAs that their client hosts register with them...

Correction: I think SEND as it is currently constituted actually just breaks
sleep proxies entirely.  A cryptographically generated address is one-way
function of the link-local address, and I'm pretty sure that sleep proxies
shouldn't be sending source link-layer address options in neighbor discovery
packets that don't match their own source hardware address.

And besides, if they did that to make SEND work, you'd still be going against
section 9.1, which says:

   Even on a secured link layer, SEND does not require that the
   addresses on the link layer and Neighbor Advertisements correspond.
   However, performing these checks is RECOMMENDED if the link layer
   technology permits.

Really, I think SEND is basically incompatible with sleep proxies, which is the
main reason I'm not in a big hurry to recommend implementing it in Apple
products.

--
james woodyatt <j...@apple.com>
member of technical staff, core os networking