Hemant Singh (shemant) wrote on 15/10/2011 02:57:
Tassos,

-----Original Message-----
From: Tassos Chatzithomaoglou [mailto:ach...@forthnetgroup.gr]
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2011 7:31 PM
To: Hemant Singh (shemant)
Subject: Re: FW: New Version Notification for
draft-hsingh-6man-enhanced-dad-01.txt

btw, draft-asati-v6ops-dad-loopback seems to be dealing with the same problem
too (but from a different perspective).
Section 3.2 of it is quite similar though.
Are there any plans to merge these two docs? If not, will there be any
references of each other?
The asati document uses a probe after a first NS has been sent and the NS is
looped back.  The probe has a timer too.  Further the asati document does not
mention what state is the node in during the probe.   There are open questions
and no completed state machine that doesn't make the solution 2 workable as
described in the -01 asati document.  I would have talked to Rajiv but the week
we released out document he is out on vacation for the whole week.  I already
emailed one proposal for how to deal with the two documents to v6ops and I
believe also cced to 6man.

I proposed that the asati document removes section 3.2 and any other section
that proposes an automated solution to detect reflected DADs.  Then the asati
references draft-hsingh-6man-enhanced-dad for an automated solution.  That
changes the asati document as a Problem Statement document that also includes
Mitigation remedies and the document can be moved in v6ops.

That works for me.

--
Tassos