On 01/05/2012 02:33 PM, Templin, Fred L wrote:
> SEAL provides a new signalling mechanism called "SCMP"
> which is intended to traverse firewalls that might block
> ICMP messages. SCMP messages include a message signature
> that the source node can use to determine whether the
> packet-in-error corresponds to a packet the node actually
> sent. Under what reasonable circumstances could even a
> paranoid firewall block that?

"SEAL? We're not using it, so let's block it"

[Without knowing about SEAL or its packets' syntax]

Bottom-line is that unless you're protocol cannot easily be
distinguished from some widely-deployed/widely-used protocol, it's
probably going to be blocked. That's why e.g. firewall-friendly
protocols tend to run over HTTP.

P.S.: I'm just the messenger...

Thanks,
--