On Fri, 19 Oct 2012, Behcet Sarikaya wrote:

It is not just implementing that code in one node. DHCPv6-PD requires
Delegating Router on a DHCP server somewhere and then Requesting
Router on the edge router (there was a proposal to implement it on a
UE).

I know of implementations that do this in a single box (local DHCPv6-PD address pool), so that's not a deciding argument as far as I can tell.

It is a system support issue, I think.

Well, that's what I'm after, the actual rationale. In the document, as far as I could find, the only motivation for implenting PD in ND was "DHCPv6-PD might not be available".

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swm...@swm.pp.se