>The obvious conclusion to this argument is that a *lot* of DHCP
>functionality will be duplicated in ND. Is this where we want to go?
>
>I'm coming from the DHCP side of the argument. In my world DHCP is
>needed because it gives you a single place to handle dynamic address
>allocation, *and* it ties in with all sorts of support & backend
>systems.

=> Agreed. I'm not coming from a DHCP side of the argument but I see the
only reason for having
this feature is that some people think adding/implementing this in ND is
more convenient than adding a DHCP agent/relay.
I don't agree. But even if that's the truth, it seems to be six of one and
half dozen of the other. No compelling reason AFAICS.

Hesham