Hi, Bob, Ole,

RFC 6164 (/127 on inter-router links) is in fact an update of RFC4291 (IPv6
addressing architecture).
Yet, it isn't listed as such in https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4291.
Shouldn't this be fixed?

Regards,
RD

PS: This point has been noted during the discussion below concerning 4rd CEs
and u/g bits of IIDs.:

2013-02-10 04:43, Usman Latif <osma...@yahoo.com>
> So if I understand it correctly, if a PE-CE link already has a /127 prefix
> assigned to it- and we wanted to use the CE as a 4rd CE, we'll have to assign
> an additional IPv6 prefix to the CE with 64-bit IIDs?
>
> Pls share little detail with me in a scenario where a SP already has /127
> with CEs and 4rd is needed from the CE

According to RFC 6164, /127 prefixes are used ONLY on inter-router link.
They cannot be used as customer-site IPv6 prefixes which, to comply with
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4291#section-2.5.1, MUST permit 64-bit IIDs.

Each 4rd CE MUST therefore be delegated at least one IPv6 prefix having at most
64 bits (this doesn't depend on its WAN link having or not a /127).

RD