Hi Simon,
At 01:31 24-04-2013, Simon Perreault wrote:
I, for one, have no idea what a "client on IPv4-mapped IPv6 address" might be. So the text doesn't look correct to me.

If you describe in a little bit more detail what the intent is, we can help you reformulate.

Thanks for feedback.

For context the text is in the ninth paragraph of Section 5 of draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis-14. I'll rewrite the text as follows:

  SPF implementations on IPv6 servers need to handle both "AAAA" and
  "A" DNS records, for SMTP clients on IPv4 mapped IPv6 addresses [RFC4291].

The intent seems to be about an IPv4 host (client) connecting to an IPv6 host (server). The IPv6 host matches the source IP address of the TCP connection against a list which may contain IPv4 mapped IPv6 addresses. Does that make sense or it is easier to forget about "IPv4 mapped IPv6 addresses"?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy (as document shepherd)