> There is a part of me that wishes that we just deploy what we have. There
is
> another part that notices that between IEEE802, privacy addresses, CGA,
stable
> privacy addresses and probably a few more, we have built a nice mess and
> maybe we should clean it up. For example, we could decree that composing
> and IID from a MAC address is obsolete, and we could unify CGA and other
> privacy addresses. Add some salt can make the CGA addresses as randomized
> as the privacy addresses; change the lifetime of the key and you get
whatever
> address lifetime is deemed appropriate. But then, the best part of me
observes
> that with the current level of IPv6 deployment, maybe we don't have an
urgent
> need for more specs...

This has been already stated in CGA RFC
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3972#section-7.3 . The problem with CGA
deployment is not privacy, but the computational costs and the RPKI. It does
not need to merge to any other draft to fulfill the privacy. This is why I
am trying to address that problem in my other draft and find the simplest
way. I think the use of ECC is a good option but I will publish my results
soon.

Regards,
Hosnieh