Can we move from the process discussion to the technical discussion?

Michael raised an interesting issue, and we have to analyze it. The consensus
of the working group so far is that interface identifiers are private to the
host, that any leakage outside the host should be prevented, and that a way to
prevent that leakage is to ask proxies to erase them whenever they have an
opportunity. Michael points that some servers take an opposite approach, want
to record the interface from which the host called them, and want to ensure
that further calls in the same session use exactly the same interface. That
seems that a fairly legitimate debate, and I can see two alternatives -- one
would be to reaffirm the old guidance and provides alternative to ensure
session continuity, and the other would be to reverse the guidance and accept
that the layer violation performed by servers is just fine.

-- Christian Huitema