Hi,

On Wed, Jun 05, 2013 at 07:55:25AM +0800, Sheng Jiang wrote:
> As far as I know, most of Tier1 providers gets /24, /26 or bigger.

No :-)

As this has nothing to do with the "Tier1"-ness, but with the number of
customers that the provider will provide /48s to.

So if a "Tier1" is only connecting BGP customer, and never actually
giving IPv6 addresses to their customers, they will *not* get more than
the default allocation size (usually a /32) from their RIR.

OTOH, a Tier3 cable ISP who has 10 million customers and plans to give
each of them a /48 can get a /24 or so just fine...

> For RIR's policy, please see recent email from George Michaelson. Although
> he did not speak in any formal, he explained RIR policy is much flexiable
> than most of us thought.

I'm aware of RIR policy, which is why I challenged your claims about
ISPs having a /20 to play with.

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

Tel: +49 (89) 32356-444            USt-IdNr.: DE813185279