I don't rule out anything. I state that the bits should be there so that
automated topologies can be made to function in an arbitrary plug-and-play
environment.

If it can be used for other purposes, that's fine, but I do not suggest that we
should support those other purposes officially.

OTOH, because of the first use case that I do feel we should continue to
support officially, I do not support stealing those bits from the end user for
the purposes of ISP semantic addressing.

Owen