Ron asserts the following two statements in this 00 draft:

     "..." As a result, IPv6 fragments carrying TCP payload are rarely
observed on the Internet.

and
     "..." Because many UDP-based applications follow the above-quoted
recommendation, IPv6 fragments carrying UDP traffic are also rarely
observed on the Internet.

I'd like to understand the basis of these assertions. I believe what I am
seeing, on the edge, suggests there is in fact V6 fragmentation in both TCP
and UDP.

Ron also asserts:

  The following is a list of UDP-based applications that do not follow the
recommendation of [RFC5405]  and rely in IPv6 fragmentation:

   o  DNSSEC [RFC4035]

   The effectiveness of these protocols may currently be degraded by
operator behavior.  SeeSection 2.4 for details.

I'd like to point out that at least BIND imposes a 1280 IPv6 packet limit.
Its wired into the code.

-George