Hosjieh,

Of three problems that the draft aims to solve, 1st (EUI64 addresses) does not
really seem to be much of a problem as everyone does privacy addresses today
(you saw stats yourself at ipv6-hackers meeting), the second (not changing the
address) is an implementation choice, so the third one remains as an open
problem, sort of.

Now: what's the comparison between the amount of nonvolatile storage taken by
code implementing the algorithm vs code to store IIDs ?

I.e. I am still unclear what's the real-world problem this solves.

If it is a particular implementation corner case, maybe makes sense to keep it
as such, not updating the core specs.

--a

P.s. I agree with what Fernando wrote as well.