Last evening and this evening, I gave the SRF59 a test on 1340. I have
a local at about 10 miles away w/ 1kw - WHAT. Ordinarily I can get a
reasonable null with the loop on the HQ-150 and I'll find a few ID's
from my TOH preset recordings.

With the SRF59, I can get enough of a null that I can hear other audio,
but so far I've not been able to get and maintain readable audio for
more than a few seconds at a time - the null is simply not quite good
enough.

Here again, the '59 gets a better null than most portables I've tried -
analog or digital, and not quite as good as my 2010. This is again
about what I'd expected.

Hopefully soon good TA conditions will coincide with some available
time around sunset for me to give the TA's a shot. I figure to have
somewhere from 6 to 10 stations in mind, mostly those on frequencies
ending in 4, 5, & 6 <g> and more toward the lower end where I'll have
better tuning capability: 585, 675, 684, 855, 945, 954, and 1134.

The SRF59 easily tops any portable I've used other than the 2010, which
simply isn't fair to the 59, but I hope those who've been so generous
with their praise as to suggest people don't need Drakes or whatever
are exaggerating...

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]