On 29/08/2013 17:07, markus.sticker.e...@zf.com wrote:

Yes, I know using PDFCopy is the better way.

Indeed.

But that what I'm  trying to do was not possible

What you're trying to do is unclear to people who don't know you (and you're not telling them). How you're using iText seems to be completely wrong (based on the short code snippet).

The line where you get the page dictionary is absurd in the context of the rest of the snippet. Why is it there? you don't use it! cb.getPdfDocument().newPage() hurts my eyes. I don't want to see such a line ever again!

In your subject you say the page numbers are lost, but in your mail you say some aren't: "The page numbers (docbook starts with I, ii, ... 1, 2, 3, ...) are not lost". By the way: what is docbook? As for: "And also the bookmarks and the links of the page index doesn't work any more." Er... you're using addTemplate(). That's like taking a photocopy on paper and complaining the links no longer work when you touch the paper with your finger.

Long story short: the quality of the question is too poor for you to get an answer.