iText Info wrote
> On 9/4/2013 2:32 PM, roboboot wrote:
>> if you release it as open
>> source you should give some sort of support to the open source community.
>
> Let me rephrase this assumption (because it's wrong):
>
> if you release it as open
> source the open source community should give some sort of support to the
> open source community.
>
> Granted, this sentence doesn't sound correct either, but I hope you
> understand why I changed it: the nature of an open source project is
> that the community supports the project. Surely, you didn't mean to say
> that I as an individual am obliged to give support? The last time I
> checked, I lived in a free country. Nobody can force me to work for free.

You are free to do what you want, but if you are an owner, or to be clear,
if you are involved in the biz of iText, you should support for certain
kinds of "question" the community. If a product like xmlWorker is not well
known by the OS community, it's better for you to give support because doing
that you'll help the community to use your product and to build a KB. This
is what I mean and what I guess.

I understand my english is not so good but please assume that I am an honest
person and what I tell you and to other readers is that a sort of "public"
support would/should (or any kind of word) given.

iText Info wrote
>> And you do this!
>
> I'm part of the community, and therefore I give support whenever I can.

Thank you sir.

iText Info wrote
>> Said that, and obviously IMHO, could you tell me if the problem I have is
>> bug or is something that I do in a wrong way?
>
> I know iText core inside-out (and I fix bugs whenever I find them), but
> I don't know anything about XML Worker (I didn't write it; I don't
> currently use it). How could I tell if the problem you have is a bug or
> something that you do in a wrong way?

But this is an answer. Thank you

iText Info wrote
> I've seen tickets with the same question (both in XFA and XML Worker) on
> the paid ticketing system. They've always been closed as "fixed" by the
> customers, so... there must be a fix, but I don't know the details, nor
> do I have the time to study the details.

Ok, so I can assume that the issue is a bug and in the future will be fixed
for the OS version too. I hope someone else could suggest me the fix.

Regards

Roberto