I investigated a little bit more your testcase and I discovered that in my
code I was using xmlWorker 5.4.3 with iText 5.4.1. Run your test with ONLY
the Table works fine with my images too and no issues are there.

Running your testcase with the full text has two different behavior
depending on:

1) xmlWorker 5.4.3 + iText 5.4.1 ==> the images in the Table have the issues
raised with my initial post
2) xmlWorker 5.4.3 + iText 5.4.3 ==> the file is truncated many rows before
the table in the final PDF

So I can conclude that something in the XHTML file is wrong for xmlWorker
parser that raises a unrecoverable error truncating the final PDF.

I checked the File and the encoding is correct. There are some attributes
which are not strict valid for the XHTML but I think the xmlWorker is not so
strict for attributes...

It seems so strange to me that iText 5.4.1 worked better than newer version
5.4.3.

I attach the testcase where you can find the full version of the file and
the "mod1" modified file, where the table has been removed". The final PDFs
are the same, because the error happens in the first part of the file.

Any idea?

Do I have to post this as a bug?

Thanks a lot

Roberto