On 7/27/15, Eric Wing <ewmail...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/26/15, Antonio Scuri <sc...@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
>>  Take a look at the iupgtk_image.c. The necessary conversions can be
>> copied
>> from there.
>>
>>   iupdrvImageCreateImageRaw() and iupdrvImageGetRawData()
>> are opposite functions I doubt that you will be able to reuse
>> code. iupdrvImageCreateImageRaw and iupdrvImageCreateImage also get the
>> data from different sources, so the code will be similar but the data
>> access will be different.
>>
>> Best,
>> Scuri
>>

> Okay, I have the 32, 24, and 8-bit images working for
> iupdrvImageCreateImage().
>
> I still don't know what calls iupdrvImageCreateImageRaw and
> iupdrvImageGetRawData or how to test them, so I'm skipping them for
> now.
>

> Attached is a picture of the label.c test program. I hacked the layout
> positions for the images and horizontal/vertical separators so I can
> see them, otherwise everything is on top of each other like the text.
>

> I need guidance about what to do with things like UTF8MODE.
>
>   if (IupGetInt(NULL, "UTF8MODE"))
>   {
>     IupSetAttribute(label, "TITLE", "Text Labels (çãõáóé)");
>   }
>   else
>   {
>       IupSetAttribute(label, "TITLE", "Text Labels (Á„ı·ÛÈ)");
>   }
>
> Internally, in Cocoa I've been assuming UTF8. (But I have not set any
> Iup flags like UTF8MODE). The string in the if-part of the above case
> works. The string in the else-case actually triggers a Clang compiler
> warning: "Illegal character encoding in string literal". I'm currently
> avoiding this case to avoid problems.
>

> Second, as you can see from the picture, I need to start looking at
> layout and window sizing. Can you give me a walkthrough of how this
> works in Iup and what I should be doing to get this window created at
> the correct size and position, and with all those test elements laid
> out correctly in the window?
>
> Thanks,
> Eric

Bump.

I've made a tiny bit of progress with dialog positioning, but I am
still having a hard time understanding how sizes and positioning are
done.

I see these two variables seem very important to the process, but I
don't understand how they get set or how to fill them with the proper
values.
ih->currentwidth
ih->currentheight

I've found the function
void iupdrvBaseLayoutUpdateMethod(Ihandle *ih)

It looks like this is a good time to set the size and position of
widgets. However, I don't think the ih->currentwidth and
ih->currentheight values are valid. I don't think Iup yet has proper
sizing information for my widgets, like the minimum fit size for a
button or label is. And I don't understand how the dialog finally gets
its total fit information.

Thanks,
Eric