Hi,

just my two cents.

On Apr 16 2018, Eric Wing wrote:

This is a proposal to introduce a way to post and run events on the
main UI thread.

Currently (as far as I know), IUP is hands-off on threads.

It's easy to see the problem you're facing.

I'm no IUP expert, however I'm pretty positive that this can be solved without introducing another API.

In a similar situation I have been able to abstain from using the complete IUP abstraction around the main loop and resort to using IupFlush() instead. Doing so allows to queue requests from other threads for execution in the GUI thread, which processes said queue right before calling IupFlush().

Once I had these roughly 40 lines of code in place begin factoring out IupFlush()s and run them just once before IupFlush() to reduce some flickering.

Maybe such an approach can work for you too.

Best

/Jörg