De: Andrew Robinson <arobinso...@cox.net>
Enviado: quarta-feira, 3 de junho de 2020 17:11
Para: Richard Stallman
Cc: IUP discussion list.
Assunto: Re: [Iup-users] Fw:  IUP License Questions

>So far, this is how many products I had no idea from the IUP documentation
>cannot be used for public or commercial applications (unless you open source
>your public or commercial application):
       > FFTW
       > MiniLZO
       > Tuio
        >PdfLib
        >FGTL
        >Freetype
       > Zlib
       > Scintilla
       > WinDrawLib
Once you don't know it, I'll read it to you.

FFTW is GPL, and not can be use with commercial closed products.
MiniLZO is GPL and no can be use with commercial closed produtcs.
PDFlite (PDFLib) is GPL and no can use with commercial closed produtcs.
Tuio is LGPL and can be use with commercial closed products.
http://reactivision.sourceforge.net/
"The related TUIO reference implemenations and clients are available under the
LGPL, license which both allows its inclusion in open and closed source
projects, while only the changes to the actual libraries need to be published
under the same LGPL license."

FFTW, MiniLZO and PDFlite, is not used in IUP framework.
So IUP users can use with commercial products legal rightfully.

CD framework and IM framework is another history and must be evaluated by
whoever will use it, excluding GPL libraries that cannot be used in commercial
products, without the purchase of the proper license.

>Let me know if I should  escalate this issue to someone else if this is not
>something you want to deal with because I don't want to waste your time or
>mine.

Do the list a favor, stop wasting our time and get out of it.
+1 for remove from the list.

Ranier Vilela