Hi,

    In the process of trying to understand layer management, I had understood
the following. Need some help to check whether I am right with these
understanding.

Steps :-

To put an image file on to a layer :-

1) Use wl_compositor_create_surface to create a wayland surface.
2) Write the image data on to the wayland surface.
3) Use ivi_application_surface_create api to tie the wayland surface with the
Global ID.
4) Now to add it to a Layer,
    a) Use the global ID to extract the surface using the API
weston_layout_getSurfacefromID.
    b) The resultant surface is added to the layer using the API
weston_layout_addSurfacetoLayer.

To put an application on to a layer :-

 a) Launch application using system calls. The application on launch, will
render the graphics on the wayland surface.
     Steps 1 and 2 mentioned above will done in the application itself.
 b) Launch IVISurfaceCreator. The Global ID is passed via arguments to the
IVISurfaceCreator.
 c) IVISurfaceCreator calls the ivi_application_surface_create api's to tie the
wayland surface with the Global ID.
 d) Now to add it to a layer, it is similar to step 4 mentioned above..

Is this understanding correct ??

Thanks,