On 18.9.2014 17:25, Andersson, Gunnar wrote:
Or an all-encompassing term that covers all possible display positions
(including those that would be clearly in front of a single specific physical
car seat?)

This one...

Hmm, it works the same way when using GENIVI terminology, or with a
different meaning of seat?

I believe the meaning is same. Seats 1-x are physical car seats, in this
case seat0 is the "entire car" seat.

Yup, I have run the Tizen image.  I was asking more about how a real product
would work, where I'm not envisioning a desktop look and feel.  Tizen provides
flexibility clearly; I'm just looking for clarity on how that can then be used
effectively.

At the moment the setup is not yet on any image, but there are setup
instructions linked from the wiki page for Common image. Eventually
we'll put all this on the default IVI image.

Common would probably retain the desktop shell.

In addition you can have apps as the "display" user that simultaneously span
multiple displays and input methods controlling those.

Got it. These are like "system applications" as opposed to "user applications"
right?

Yes, the user applications would be normal (including 3rd party) Tizen
applications that one could download from a store.

Example of a system application could be dashboard or navigation
applications, possibly conforming to the Genivi co-operative user switch
model.

This also allows running the user application process tree with
different priority level as the system application process tree.