Issues: https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/XERCESJ/issues

First create an account, then create an issue

-----Original Message-----
From: JOHN Morris <j.morri...@ntlworld.com.INVALID>
To: muk...@apache.org, j-users@xerces.apache.org
Subject: Re: Re: Possible Bug: Xerces 2.12.1 for XML Validation with
XSD 1.1 Schema under Java - Plain Text
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 15:17:07 +0100

Hi Mukul,
Thanks for your reply.
As a beginner, I wonder how I would go about "creating a Xerces-J jira
issue" on my problem.
Also, I wonder whether I could get you to send me the exact outputs
from your jaxp.SourceValidator runs on the two files test1.xml (9
errors) and test2.xml (18 errors).
Is there a command-line option for jaxp.SourceValidator which would
produce additional lines in the output for the original XML from each
line in the input file, whether valid or not?
Best regards,John.
> On 26 August 2020 at 05:19 Mukul Gandhi <muk...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi John, On Sun, Aug 23, 2020 at 7:23 PM JOHN Morris <
> j.morri...@ntlworld.com.invalid> wrote:
> > Where can we go from here? I can only think of asking you to double
> > check that both of your test runs are not on the same XML data
> > somehow.
>  I've just double checked, and I get XSD validation errors on both of
> your XML input documents when validated by the XSD document that
> you've provided. I get the count of XSD validation errors as 9 and
> 18, respectively for the XML input documents test1.xml and test2.xml
> when both of these XML input documents are validated by the XSD
> document test.xsd. It seems strange to me that, you don't get any XSD
> validation errors with Xerces-J for the XML input document
> test2.xml.
> > ... or do you have any other further suggested steps in order to
> > achieve consistency from our two sets of results?
>  May be if someone else, could also cross check my findings, that
> would be further helpful to this discussion. If you're still
> grappling with this issue, I could also suggest that you can create a
> Xerces-J jira issue for this and attach your XML and XSD documents to
> the jira issue. That shall help anyone else, to use your test case
> XML and XSD documents and do an analysis.
>
> --
>
> Regards, Mukul Gandhi

Eduard Drenth, Software Architekt

edre...@fryske-akademy.nl