Hi Mukul,

Thanks for the update.

I was relieved to get away from the previous level of uncertainty that I was
doing something stupid!

I'm not sure what was happening before to give us those discrepancies between
our respective results though. Did you try comparing the files you were using
for the validations before with the new (but, from my point of view, the same)
files from the Jira case?

> When I remove the XML comment from line 40 of the file test2.xml, I get 9 XSD
> validation errors
> for the file test2.xml after removal of XML comment. This looks to me
> strange, and may be a bug
> with Xerces-J and should be investigated I believe.

Yes, this would be because the subsequent XML comments are no longer aligned
with the problematic line numbers.

What can I expect to happen next? Is there some process where one of the
Xerces-J Developers (assuming that you are not already one of those) will pick
up this case? If so, how long does that process typically take, in your
experience?

I wonder whether it would help my case, if you could add your supporting
information, that you had succeeded in replicating the problem, to the Jira
case itself?

All the best,

John.