Vincent Massol wrote:

> "Geir Magnusson Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> > Ah.  I was just thinking of the date on the 'whole package' tgz/zip, not
> > each part.
> >
> > cactus-20010404.tgz
> >
> > and since the tgz should unzip (ok, tar) into a cactus-20010404
> > directory, then things stay together.
> >

> The problem is that different persons will want different files :
> - runtime jar is only needed if you know well how everything work
> - doc is nice but is optional
> - ant tasks are needed only if you want to automate your builds using an Ant
> build file
> - src is needed only if you wish to look at the sources and rebuild Cactus
> - sample is only needed for those who learn
> - ...
>
> I wouldn't want to put a single 3mo file, when only 45k is the only really
> needed part (the runtime jar).

Well, I would bundle it all into one pile, or at least make that
available, and make people work for the sub-pieces.  The reason is for
user support...  getting things from a complete kit makes (me, at least)
look there first if I need something before posting to a user list...

geir

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]