Morgan Delagrange wrote:

> --- "Geir Magnusson Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Morgan Delagrange wrote:
> > >
> > > --- "Craig R. McClanahan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > not
> > CVS
> > > >

> > > I'd prefer to leave it, if that's OK.  It should
> > be a
> > > good way to generate interest in new projects.  I
> > > don't see any reason why users can't submit
> > patches,
> > > etc. too, as long as we're clear that sandbox
> > > components are not guaranteed to reach fruition.
> >
> > +1
> >
> > in addition, we should stop thinking of them as
> > 'sandbox components'
>
> I agree.  I think it's going to take some work to
> convince folks to use the sandbox for projects that
> are not component-oriented, but I hope that it
> happens.  Jakarta needs a scratch pad.

*Of course* you use the sandbox for component-oriented projects - you
just do them there before approved to be a Repository Component.

You can scratch whatever you want in the scratchpad...

...question : how do we get rid of old cruft as time goes on...?

geir

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]