Hi,

At 01:48  11/4/01 -0700, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:
>(4) Source Directory Structure
>
>The following directory layout will be typical for a Commons component:
>
>jakarta-commons/foo/             For component "foo"
>  build/                         BUILD SCRIPTS
>    build.xml                    Standard build.xml script (with others
>                                 if appropriate)
>    build.properties.sample      Example external dependencies file (see
>                                 below for details)

I will say this again because no one seems to listen but doing this is a
good way to screw your users. "build" is used in many projects to indicate
intermediate files. For newbies it also requires intimate knowledge of
build practices before they can locate the base build.xml file. Hence why
this directory should not exist and file sshould exist in base directory.

>  conf/                          CONFIGURATION FILE SOURCES
>    MANIFEST.MF                  Manifest file for JAR(s)

Considering many project manipulate/filter/transform their conf files
doesn't it make more sense to place them under src/conf ???

Cheers,

Pete