+1 about adopt taglibs doc for commons.

> One technical note that affects both Commons and Taglibs is
> the fact that
> CVS branches are global to an entire repository.  Therefore,
> if one taglib
> (or Commons package) creates a branch "rel2", then nobody else can use
> that name.  We might want to think a little more about the long term
> impacts of this little detail.

AFAIK a branch ( or tag ) can be made from a single file in a repository
to a complete directory hierarchy, nothing stops the user of CVS to do
this kind of things.. using "cvs -z3 tag -b qq qq.java" command you can
branch a single file i.e. or a subdirectory on a repository can have his
own set of branchs and tags...without need to tag or branch a entire
repository every time, a subdir act as submodule in our case ..so we can
tag a particular module ( need to release a component ) ...

So, What are you talking about Craig? i'm lost about the problems you
named..

Saludos ,
Ignacio J. Ortega