--- Vincent Massol <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]

Hold on, can somebody point out a reason why the above
approach is a problem?  I understand that branches are
global, but is it a big problem if two projects are
technically on the same branch?  As long as you
perform your checkout at the correct location, I'm not
sure it makes a big difference.  Or does it?  What
problems would we be preventing by using unique branch
names?

> Why don't we adopt the convention : <component
> name>_REL_<release version> ?
>
> For example, for version 1.1 of cactus that would be
> : CACTUS_REL_11
>
> So that there will be no name conflict with other
> components.
>
> > Craig
> >
> Vincent

=====