Hi Everybody,

My name is Mauro Marinilli, a Java Developer currently working with JNLP,
the new remote launching protocol from SUN.
Said it briefly the protocol allows J2SE applications to be launched via a
URL pointing to a special JNLP file (implemented as an XML file).
The protocol is an HTTP (minimal) variation, and it needs some server-side
support for advanced features, like differencing --i.e. downloading only the
new classes in an already downloaded JAR file and not the whole JAR file
again.
I would like to work on the server-side implementation of this protocol for
the Apache Web Server, implemented as a set of Java classes (mainly
servlets).
The effort shouldn't be that demanding (around 20 or so Java classes) and I
have already implemented some pieces. The protocol is quite promising
(despite is still in version 1.0.1 early access) and, anyway, sooner or
later someone should implement it for the Apache Server.

If you want to have a look, try at Sun's client reference implementation
page:  http://java.sun.com/products/javawebstart/
(For more info on me, try at http://www.marinilli.com )

My questions are:
 - Is anybody interested in hosting this as a Commons subproject?
 - Otherwise what other options do I have?

I'll be looking forward to hear from you.

Thank you for your attention,

Mauro Marinilli