Hi,

You may recall that I proposed a project for a Job Scheduler about 6
weeks ago (late March).  After considerable debate on the Jakarta
General mail-list I decided to go ahead and start the project on
sourceforge.

I'd be very happy to have the project move here, and gain the
participation of this group.  I have had 5 or 6 people show interest in
helping with development at sourceforge, but so far none of them have
done anything but say "i'm interested". I haven't gotten too far with
it myself, as my daughter has been in and out of the Hospital, and I've
had a bunch of 80+ hour weeks at work.  Both of those issues are gone
now, so I'd really like to get back after it.

Please pop-over to sourceforge and give it a look. The project is
called Quartz and can be found here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/quartz/

There is a code base you can download and review (it has a fair amount
of JavaDOC to help you out).  And if you click on the "project home
page link" it will take you to a page (http://quartz.sourceforge.net/)
with a nice(?) little summary of what the product aims to be.

Please let me know what you think, like I said, I'd be happy to have it
end up over in the Jakarta world.

James