Vincent Massol wrote:

> A very naive question : Doesn't is sound like Turbine ?
> Vincent.

Gosh, I hope not :)

Turbine is a framework like Struts (or Struts is a framework like
Turbine.  Never mind :)  Turbine provides an application model and a set
of services for building web applications, just like Struts.

What we want to do here is take some of the *framework independant*
tools from Turbine, from Struts, from wherever (individual users in the
community), and bring them together.

For example, Velocity doesn't provide facilities for doing floating
point math in the template language.  So one tool that was added as a
MathTool with methods like:

   public static double add(Object num1, Object num2)
   public static double sub(Object num1, Object num2)
   public static double mul(Object num1, Object num2)
   public static double div(Object num1, Object num2)

so then in a Velocity (or WM) template, you do something like

$mathtool.mul( $salary, $number_of_years )

and you get the result. (Vel isn't limited to strict bean access...)

Other tools would be things like string utilities, XML tools, etc.

geir

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
System and Software Consulting