At 06:54 PM 7/2/2001 +0100, Jari Worsley wrote:
>Russell Gold wrote:
> >
> > At 06:07 PM 6/29/2001 +0100, Jari Worsley wrote:
> > >- by making HttpWebResponse public, you can give it nonsense for the
> > >target and URL (1st and 2nd params), then give it the HttpURLConnection,
> > >and get back an HttpWebResponse object, allowing calls like getText(),
> > >getForms(), etc...
> >
> > Or we can specialize it to make a CactusWebResponse - it would be cleaner
> > and shouldn't take a lot of work.
>
>yes you could, although at first glance I would only need
>HttpWebResponse to be declared a public class, and the constructor
>either public, or at least protected so it can be overridden from
>outside the package. Is there any reason the class and constructor are
>declared as they are rather than public?

Umm, yes - the class is pretty much coupled to the WebConversation class
and explicitly assumes that you are loading it from a URLConnection.  We
may be talking at cross purposes here, and I may have misunderstood some of
the Cactus architecture, but I see no reason ever to instantiate
HttpWebResponse from anywhere except WebConversation.