Title: RE: cvs commit: jakarta-commons/httpclient/src/java/org/apache/commons/httpclient HttpClient.java HttpMethod.java HttpMethodBase.java

> Please do not depricate setDebug/getDebug, slide
> WebDAV client depends on it.

Sorry, I thought Remy had assured us that the logging in httpclient wasn't being used.

> I have code ready to make setDebug functional again...
> As soon as I get commit access I'll commit it

Or submit a patch.  It'd be nice to at least pretend jakarta-commons operates like any other jakarta sub-project, as it says in the charter.  (No offense, but I don't know you from Adam. I can't just +1 you as a committer sight unseen.  I'm sure you're patch is great, so submit it as such, and then nominate yourself as a committer.)

> and then the old behaviour will be restored.

The precise "old behavior" might be a little awkward to get back, although I just added support for setting Log "levels" on the fly.  You'll still need to do it per "Log" though, not per class as the previous httpclient logging had it.  I suppose we could simply have the setDebug() value set the level for all the logs associated with that class.