Hi,

I'd like to propose myself as a committer for the httpclient component. I
woud like to use it for Cactus and I have actually started to use it
already.

Here are the few things that I'd like to work on if I am admitted :

* provide an implementation of HttpURLConnection that is a wrapper around
Http Client classes (a first version that I test on Cactus is almost
finished),
* correct the multiple header bug (if we agree it is a bug but I think it is
one as the Servlet Engine I test with, Resin, sends back multiple set-cookie
headers and the spec says it is allowed),
* set up some web pages for HttpClient and especially :
  - a page defining the coding conventions for Http Client (BTW, do we want
one standard for all jakarta-commons components. Maybe hard to get a
consensus?). It will also explain logging conventions in order to have
something consistent in the code
* correct all classe file licenses so that it says "Commons" and
"HttpClient" instead of "Tomcat",
* improve some java doc that I know had some difficulties understanding at
first
* help normalize the code with the coding conventions we will have defined
* change logging logic so that when no httpclient.log property is defined
and Log4j is on the classpath it uses the Log4JCategoryLog by default

That will be enough for a start :)

How is that ?
Thanks
-Vincent