Hi folks!

Flame war! Flame war! The list is a bit soft lately :)

IANAL, so I'll play the wise guy.

Peter Donald wrote:
> Apaches software is free software (in both senses of word) - it is just not
> copyleft.

Not necessarily in both senses. The license allows you to, e.g., burn
Tomcat on CDs and sell them for $100.

[snip]

> > I'm in the business to make money off of Open Source. I believe in Open,
> > not Free.
>
> Hey - I don't much like copyleft anymore either and I am all for money making
> off OSS. I still can't see how your claim that LGPL could cause legal issues
> is substantiated though.

You can make money off free software. Just go to every company that uses
Weblogic or iPlanet where Tomcat would do, and make them buy your
freshly made CDs;
you can make a lot of money this way :)

On the other hand, you can also sell GPL'ed products. That's what RedHat does.

I'm not trying to instruct you with these obvious comments, since you
are surely aware of these facts; it's just that your post can mislead
other people. That is not fair.

Un saludo,

Alex.