Hmm.  LGPL lets you embed an LGPL'ed library into a commercial application,
without requiring that commercial application to be released open source!
Only changes to the LGPL'ed library itself require the source code of the
changes to be released.

While the Apache license lets you fork the Apache code, make modifications,
and sell the result as closed-source, the LGPL requires that the
modifications also be released as open source.  I can understand how this
might limit one's abilities to make money off of the open source code base
itself.  But, in the case of LGPL, this is only for derivative products of
the library itself, not of applications built using the library.  You can
still embed LGPL'ed code into a closed-source application without releasing
source code to the closed-source application.

Of course, as the other responder has already so eloquently stated, you
*can* sell GPL/LGPL'ed code for money.  You just have to make the source
code freely available, too.  Take a look at any of the Linux distributions
for a simple case in point.

-dan