Hi Albert,

Thanks for your suggestion, but Tiny software requires to reset via RTS, not
CTS.
Anyway, do you have a link with a schematic for what you describe ? (just to
make sure I understand clearly what you say)

Cheers,
Seb
--
Sébastien Lelong
http://www.sirloon.net
http://sirbot.org


2009/8/13 a.faber <[email protected]>

>
> Hi Seb,
> Mostly I used a simple but effective reset circuit, just connect the CTS
> line with a 10uF capacitor  with the reset line (and using a diode + 10K
> resistor to pull up the reset line). The cap only initiates a pulse when
> the
> CTS line is changed from high to low, the reset line will be pulled high
> after a couple of milliseconds even when the CTS line stays low.
> Albert
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Sebastien Lelong" <[email protected]>
> To: <[email protected]>
> Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2009 9:00 PM
> Subject: [jallib] Re: jaluino (resetting via RTS)
>
>
> I tried to prototype the "reset using RTS" thing on a breadboard, but I got
> troubles (as expected...). I followed the schematic and connected D2, R2,
> R3
> and Q1 onto the breadboard.
>
> It's as though it's acting the reverse: when I plug the serial module, it
> keeps resetting the PIC.
>
> When I plug the serial module:
>  - Vrts ~ 4.1V (5V without hardware D2, R2, ...)
>  - PIC doesn't blink the LED (keeps resetting)
>
> For my tests, I used python serial module:
>
>   import serial
>   ser = serial.Serial(port="/dev/ttyUSB0",baudrate=115200)
>
>
> by default, when the serial connection is created by this command, RTS = 1,
> and Vrts ~ 0V. The PICs starts !
>
>   ser.setRTS(1)  -- will reset the PIC, Vrts ~ 4.1V
>   ser.setRTS(0)  -- will start the PIC, Vrts ~ 0V
>
>
> So, it seems to work but on the contrary expected behavior. I would expect
> that by default the PIC starts.
>
> Does it seem weird to you too ? Or did I miss something ?
>
>
> Cheers,
> Seb
>
> >
> > >
> > > > Also ask by Seb is the reset option by RTS (J7).
> > >
> > > OK this is where I'm lost... I have few questions about this:
> > >
> > >   - RTS and CTS in serial connector are connected to RD5 and RD4. Why ?
> >
> >
> > If you want handshake you can use RD5 and RD4, if you dont need
> > handshake you
> > Can use RD4 and RD5 on connected I/O4
> >
> >
> > >   - when I want to reset the board using RTS, I need to switch RTS J7
> > > trigger to position 1-2, as in the schematic. Is that right ?
> >
> > Yes, if you put it in position 2-3 you cant use reset but you can use
> > handshake.
> > If I did not use the switch (is jumper) than you could not use RD4 as
> > normal I/O
> > because PIC would reset as soon as RD4 becomes high.
> >
> >
> > >   - All the serial modules I've used or built have their RTS connected
> > > to
> > > CTS. No flow control, quite common I think. Like in this article:
> > http://www.lynxmotion.com/images/html/build125.htm. Now imagine I use
> such
> > > a module with RTS and CTS connected. I plug it to the board. Will this
> > work
> > > ? Or should RTS and CTS remain unconnected from each other ? In that
> > case,
> > > do I have to deal with flow control ? (hope not...)
> >
> > Yes this will work and No you dont need flow control, but like in
> > your link dont connect the RTS end CTS from the serial module to the
> > serial connector of the Main Board else you cant use RD4 and RD5 for
> > other purpose.
> >
> >
>
>
>
>
> >
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to