Hi William,

> Good question.  No, so far, I've resisted the urge to install any JAL
> code in my 1957 Massey-Ferguson tractor. I will confess to replacing
> its generator with a Datsun alternator though. :-)
Oh, the good old days, before the connection between the accerator
pedal and the carburetter wasn't electrical and diesels were low-rmp,
slow-responding but very strong engines. You must live in a less urban
area when you have use (or even place) for such a machine.

> I suppose we should start gathering these sorts of details in a
> document. I tend to jot things down on napkins and then misplace them.
>
> In the early days of C, there were things that were specified listed
> as 'undocumented behavior', so as to warn users not to do such things.
What would be the goal of documenting this?

> I agree we'll need something like this. But I would hope this would be
> used very sparingly, perhaps just in the equivalent of a 'device file'
> for a new chip.
I agree. It is required for development and probably to port it to a
new platform. But we don't want a mix of JAL and C.

> Code generator sounds fine to me.  If you'll make a start, and check
> it into SVN, perhaps I can help on some of this, once I see how to go
> about it.
It's a bit of trail-and-error to find an elegant way to achieve the
goal, creating recursive functions and tune the AST along the way.

>  Meanwhile it is back to gardening for me. :-)
We have had a lovely spring day here and expect even better tomorrow.
Hope it is the same at your place.

Have fun,
Joep

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to