Hi all,

I tried the MT8870 a few years ago. I need to send data packets of 4 bytes,
a start byte, a device byte and a high and low nibble. I used tone 15 as
start byte, the second tone as device byte (0-15) 15 then two tones for the
nibbles. That worked well but a DTMF tone should be 40 ms with a 20 ms
delay.!!!!!

If I compare that with the baud rate of MIDI (31250) which I use so far,
then DTMF is much too slow.

I then tried the TCM3105. Worked well but they are no longer made. A
handful I've had from China were all broken.

So… I'll keep controlling my puppets on MIDI for the time being and if
spoken text is needed I'll control the MP3 player

. I still hope one of you comes up with something different.

Rregards

Hans