Hi Hans,

Did I understand it right that it did work with DTMF tones and that you used a
DTMF decoder?

You can still purchase those, see:
https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1005002899831939.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.64e440d3mgmq2f&algo_pvid=43e4a7ca-2bbd-43fb-b583-4d047ab197df&aem_p4p_detail=202203161104012985161769842740023335628&algo_exp_id=43e4a7ca-2bbd-43fb-b583-4d047ab197df-1&pdp_ext_f=%7B%22sku_id%22%3A%2212000022694629982%22%7D&pdp_pi=-1%3B0.97%3B-1%3B-1%40salePrice%3BEUR%3Bsearch-mainSearch
[https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/H5f66bf4ec2404ae7ae6d4029893705b5A/DTMF-MT8870-Voice-decoding-module-phone-module.jpg]<https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1005002899831939.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.64e440d3mgmq2f&algo_pvid=43e4a7ca-2bbd-43fb-b583-4d047ab197df&aem_p4p_detail=202203161104012985161769842740023335628&algo_exp_id=43e4a7ca-2bbd-43fb-b583-4d047ab197df-1&pdp_ext_f=%7B%22sku_id%22%3A%2212000022694629982%22%7D&pdp_pi=-1%3B0.97%3B-1%3B-1%40salePrice%3BEUR%3Bsearch-mainSearch>
0.85US $ |DTMF MT8870 Voice decoding module phone module|Integrated Circuits| -
AliExpress<https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1005002899831939.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.64e440d3mgmq2f&algo_pvid=43e4a7ca-2bbd-43fb-b583-4d047ab197df&aem_p4p_detail=202203161104012985161769842740023335628&algo_exp_id=43e4a7ca-2bbd-43fb-b583-4d047ab197df-1&pdp_ext_f=%7B%22sku_id%22%3A%2212000022694629982%22%7D&pdp_pi=-1%3B0.97%3B-1%3B-1%40salePrice%3BEUR%3Bsearch-mainSearch>
Smarter Shopping, Better Living! Aliexpress.com
nl.aliexpress.com

I still have a fixed telephone line next to my mobile number and I was thinking
of using such a device to get rid of these fake call centers that call 'from
Windows'  to tell me that I have problems with my computer. I thought that if I
receive a number from abroad I could detect that with DTMF and pick up the
phone and keep the line busy (or hang up). But I never started working on such
a project but I did look for DTMF decoders.

And if I would have purchased it, I could have made a JAL library out of it
.... but no plans for now.  So as we say in Dutch "I am making you happy with a
dead sparrow"

Kind regards,

Rob