Aaron,

I think you are getting just a bit carried away.  :-)  Not that this is
entirely a bad thing.

I am not proposing that we remove getInitParameter from the Mailet API.
That is all that most matchers and mailets need, and it is easy to manage.
I am proposing that resources, including more complex configuration files,
would be accessed via JNDI.

> The Context returned by new InitialContext() is specific to this Mailet.

You might want to rethink this notion.  That is a lot of work for the
container, and is not the way that the Servlet API works, which is
per-webapp.

        --- Noel