[Darrell]
> 5) The hard part of resource provision is allowing Mailets to "declare"
what
>    they need, and for containers to set up their environment accordingly.

[Noel]
The funny thing is that both you and Aaron talk about this, but the simple
fact is that James doesn't do that at all.  The MailetContext is shared
across all matchers and mailets, with no separation or security.  If you
look at config.xml, and then attempt to add to each matcher and mailet a
list of all resources that each needs, I think you'll rapidly become sick
of
it.

I think that all three of us have a very different concept of how this
would work.  I would not expect that mailet to /declare/ any resources.
The administrator would have to know what resources (e.g. data sources,
ejb's, etc.) the mailet needed (presumably through reading the doco that
accompanied the mailet) in order to configure them in the mailet's context.
Further, a template method would automatically add any resources that are
deemed necessary to every mailet.  However, given that per-mailet contexts
seem not to have found favour, the point is moot.

Cheers

ADK

There is no magic.

Have you seen our website?.... http://www.vodafone.co.nz

CAUTION: This correspondence is confidential and intended for the named recipient(s)
only.
If you are not the named recipient and receive this correspondence in error, you must
not copy,
distribute or take any action in reliance on it and you should delete it from your
system and
notify the sender immediately.  Thank you.

Unless otherwise stated, any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the
author and do
not represent those of Vodafone New Zealand Limited.

Vodafone New Zealand Limited
21 Pitt Street, Private Bag 92161, Auckland, 1020, New Zealand
Telephone + 64 9 357 5100
Facsimile + 64 9 377 0962