Yes... Absolutely I see your point now. As you said in this other email:

> In part I agree this discussion addresses James' competitor in one field, but
> don't forget the whole other half of James' uphill struggle is our other
> competitor, M$ Exchange.

James, then, is addressing concerns different from mine: you're playing the
Notes/iPlanet/Exchange game, a sector of the market I don't care about.

Frankly I use Notes every day, and I'm happy that Brian at VNU is taking
care of that thing. I'm talking about MTAs, you're talking about "mail
servers"...

>> Now, I _know_ that Qmail gives me a very good chance to finish my dinner,
>> get back home and have a good night of sleep. Will James do the
>> same thing?
>
> I refuse to guarantee it (but i'd make a small wager). :-)

As the Qmail author refuses to guarantee that Qmail is not going to fall
over, but at the same time (take what happened yesterday night), we had a
problem w/ our mail @ VNU. Turns out that our bandwidth is saturated by
Sobig/E messages, our front-exchanger sendmails and qmails have no
whatsoever problem in handling that, but notes on the back is struggling to
mark-and-delete everything that norton identifies as a virus.

Brian is fixing Notes, I am @ home replying to your email... I still like my
solution better :-) :-) :-)

    Pier