J. Norment wrote:
Ah... so if I want to use the SMTP service, I have to be running a DNS server (not service) ?
( name server addresses aren't direct enough access? )
Sorry, I got confused by bit about DNS service of XP. You were right the first time, a DNS service is a local DNS server, so if you set a name server to 127.0.0.1, that should work. I'm not sure why the name servers that handle your domains wouldn't be responding.

If you've got XP, I think you may have nslookup... can you run that from the command line, try to do MX type queries on the servers you're specifying in james-config.xml and see if you get responses? Maybe you're on a NAT'd network that's not letting DNS queries through or something. Not really sure what the cause is, but if James is trying (and therefore failing) to connect to yahoo.com, I'm almost certain it's because it can't reach a DNS server.

--
Serge Knystautas
http://www.lokitech.com