Cool.  I mention H2 because it does have some Lucene code in it yes.
Also according to some benchmarks it's the fastest of the open source
databases.  I think it's possible to integrate realtime search for H2.
 I suppose there is no need to store the data in Lucene in this case?
One loses the multiple values per field Lucene offers, and the schema
become static.  Perhaps it's a trade off?