Andi Vajda wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Sep 2009, Chris Hostetter wrote:
>

>> : - db/bdb fails to compile with 1.4 because of a ClassFormatError in
>> one of
>> : the bundled libs, so this contrib is in reality 1.5 only.
>>
>> there's not much we can do about that, no one can blame us if the
>> dependency requires 1.5
>
> I don't think it requires it, it was most likely compiled with Java
> 1.5 or even 1.6. I thought that we had agreed that it didn't matter if
> contribs 'required' java 1.5 ?
>
> Andi..

Indeed - but for those contribs that are 1.4, we have tried to keep them
1.4 - especially core"y" contribs like Highlighter.

But overall, they don't promise back compat - which is why we are not
going to worry about this (the needed votes are in and I'm going to
publish faster than anyone can pull them ;) )

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com