On 3/16/10 12:43 AM, Simon Willnauer wrote:
If my impression should be wrong or if I miss something please ignore
the last paragraph.

I feel exactly like you, Simon. I don't understand the rush. Also, we're in review-and-commit process, not commit-and-review. Changes have to be proposed, discussed and ideally attached to jira as patches first.

BTW: I still have the impression that if I don't follow IRC constantly
I'm missing important things.

Me too. I don't have the time to follow IRC in addition to jira and mailinglists. I know I've been missing stuff, because in the past I commented on jira issues and later was told that my questions were already discussed thoroughly on IRC. I've also seen jira issues that start with something like "Summary of IRC discussion:".

 Michael