In regards to current Blackdown port of Java. Its not a
secret that its a hard task, that I understand, but it has
also been many many long months that this process has
expanded over, and many more long months to go it looks
like. Now with companies like IBM putting out their
seemingly superior java tools (JDK, Jikes, what have
you) and if they catch up to the JDK 1.2 , it seems the
blackdown effort might loose some following. (Yes I realize
they get paid to do it, and they have a lot more time and
effort to extend towards it)

I guess my questions are: after all this time, are the
porters on the Blackdown team really started to get fed up
with this project and not advancing maybe as fast as they
would like (due to some heavy ruts in the road <native
threads, things like that>), and if IBM does come out with a
free 1.2 JDK, how many of you will head over to that
camp? If that happens, would Blackdown still stick with the
JDK 1.2 port, or concentrate more on things like the
pluging, imagine support, etc.?

This is all out of curiosity, I don't mean to offend.

--
[      Riyad Kalla      ]
[ University of Arizona ]